Something to Talk About
Something to Talk About produces educational resources suitable for Aged Care, Talking and Listening, Writing, HSIE and PD in Primary and Secondary schools.
Something to Talk About is a provider of aged care teaching resources in Australia. Our effective aged care training resources were developed from a request for material to stimulate discussion, in particular for dementia patients. Something to Talk About provides coordinators and caregivers with compelling activities and materials to stimulate residents’ memory recall and cognitive retention.
Something to Talk About delivers meaningful recreation therapy solutions that appeal to a range of tastes and requirements. Our aged care activity resources have been especially compiled for the elderly. The A3 size posters allow for easy viewing and the discussion questions on the back provide stimulating ideas for those who use them. With an array of relevant topics our dementia reminiscing resources for diversional therapy are absorbing, pertinent and fun.
Our aim is to provide relevant age-appropriate resources for aged-care people to stimulate memory recall and encourage communication with others.
Dementia is the most serious form of memory problems which can worsen over the years. The most beneficial treatment for those living with the condition is quality support and ongoing care. Something to Talk About provides dementia reminiscence resources that encourage cognitive stimulation to enhance memory recall and thus facilitate communication and interaction with others.
Our dementia resources for life-style co-ordinators, recreational activities officers and diversional therapists employ reminiscence therapy to encourage people to speak about the past in order to facilitate communication. Our dementia reminiscence resources utilise long-term memory as a positive influence.
The following aged care recreational resource topics are available:
- Life’s Journey – details major life events such as school, marriage, children, work and home
- Memories – significant mementos from the past, holidays, shopping, entertainment, sports, magazines
- Getting Around – various types of transport used, both past and present
- ANZAC Kit – depicts Anzac and Remembrance Day celebrations
- Feelings – the feelings pack illustrates emotions and situations pertinent to seniors
- Multicultural – four main areas covering dress, customs, food and religion of different ethnic groups
- Going Places – holiday destinations around the world including Egypt, Greece, England, New Zealand, Asia, Turkey and Italy
- Celebrations – Australian celebrations from Melbourne Cup Day to Easter, Queen’s Birthday to St Patrick’s Day
Contact Something to Talk About for more information on our aged care activities and resources.
Contact Something to Talk About
Something to Talk About
Educational & Aged Care Resources
Pre-school – Year 8
100% Australian made
Designed by teachers for teachers
207 North Curramore Road Jamberoo
ABN 53 524 464 010